Netflix’s revamped show Queer Eye just released its third season and wastes no time diving into good conversation, tough issues, laughs, tears, and unconditional love.
If you haven’t seen this makeover show yet, take a couple minutes and read our 5 reasons why we love Netflix’s new show Queer Eye.
1. It’s more than a makeover. This show is more than just a makeover. As we quickly learn from season 1, Queer Eye is not just about how you look, it’s about who you are. There is a traditional before and after reveal but the focus of this show is all about the journey.
2. The show is not pushy, it’s fresh. We love how the show uses the backdrop of a makeover to talk about real issues. There are so many perspectives that are presented in Queer Eye that the show becomes a learning opportunity and an educational outlet. We love how this show bridges the gaps between religions, races, cultures, sexual orientations, and genders and provides a space for honest dialogue.
3. We love the Fab 5. One of our favorite parts of this show is the Fab 5! During the show the Fab 5 are interviewed throughout the makeover experience which helps us get to know each team member individually. The Fab 5 are not only experts in their respective fields, they are also kind, genuine, and witty men who leave no stone unturned. The Fab 5 are willing to be honest and transparent, and make it clear that they are there to learn and not just teach. Most of all, they are not afraid to be themselves! Each of the Fab 5 have their own personality and we love that this show allows these hosts to shine as individuals as well as a team.
4. The show makes an impact. This show is not just entertainment. Queer Eye is a show that talks about and models what really matters. We love watching how the Fab 5 make a real impact in people’s lives through their love, kindness, and honesty.
5. It’s about authenticity. Queer Eye is about helping people become their best self. One of the reasons we love this show is because it promotes authenticity. Makeover shows can sometimes be more about finding and doing what’s in style than expressing who you are. But Queer Eye makes a point to help participants shine their true self.
Queer Eye, seasons one through three are available to stream on Netflix.
Photo Credit: imdb.com